|
Monday, May 08, 2006
Every episode of Grey's Anatomy makes me sob like a lovelorn fool-which is why I love it so. Tonight's cause is the elderly couple of which the wife is diagnosed with advanced cancer. First the husband was informed, but insisted on keeping the truth from the wife because he could not bear to break her bubble of happiness. And when the wife was informed by Meredith (who's too self-righteous to be dishonest) of her condition, she requested the same thing because he was always afraid that she'll leave before him. Love should be so. It's about silent suffering and self-sacrifice just for the significant other's happiness.
I could still see, at the back of my mind, how they left the hospital holding hands, smiling indulgently at each other. Imagine the inner turmoil, the searing inescapable pain of the knowledge that you won't have forever together. That just stirred something within me. Why do people even promise each other of everlasting love when we'll all die eventually? After death, there'll be no more us, no more promises, no more love. I know I shouldn't dwell on depressing facts when I'm just 19 and have maybe 60 years ahead of me. But really, if what's waiting at the end for us is just separation, then I don't think I'm strong nor courageous enough for that extent of pain and sorrow. Commitment and whole-hearted devotion...hmm, I ought to reconsider my stand on those qualities. I don't like LeeHom's Forever Love anymore. dysphoria came at 11:59 PM
|
|
|
sidebar stuff / navigation
about
Currently eighteen, and waiting for my angsty phase to run out. I'm a slave to books, to unfortunate circumstances like "exams" and "assignments". My expertise is my 100 decibel scream and barking laughter. I'm profoundly in love with NYC, and there isn't a second in which I don't wish for a life there. This is not entertainment nor a place too seek for deep musings.This is the highly selective, highly biased, highly opinionated account of my life. I just write, as I feel. No, not think. Feel. "Loss of Privacy" Index archives February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 |